After the success of Classic Cottages, LLC acquisitions, renovations and additions, Classic Cottages reputation as a custom home builder has grown. We are now building new construction and the recent development of Classic Cottages Design+Build bringing your dream home to life. Following the completion of an extensive number of projects, both small and large, we have demonstrated an excellent track record to be able to perform these skills in a method that is not only efficient, but affordable to all types of clients. Design+Build offers homeowners the opportunity to custom design their home and be involved in the design process from start to finish. We have the resources to provide a number of locations for a newly constructed home. With that our skilled team and expertise behind each home we build we continue to grow throughout the Northern Virginia and Washington DC area.
Design & Permitting Stages
Building your dream home shouldn’t be just a dream. Whether you have an idea and want help bringing it to life or need us to start from ground zero, we can make it happen. At Classic Cottages we understand that the process of buying or building a new home is one of the biggest decisions of your life. We provide quality craftsmanship on every home we build, while providing outstanding customer service to our clients throughout the construction process. With our knowledge, experience and skilled team of professionals your new home will get done right and on time giving you peace of mind knowing that you’re in good hands.
Phase 1 – Consultation
The consultation phase is the first step in the process. Classic Cottages wants to have a thorough understanding of what you are looking for in your new home. We ask our clients to bring a wish list to this meeting regarding specifics of the house in addition to other considerations including neighborhood or lot size. After we have a rough idea as to the scope of work of the new build, our focus turns to the lot acquisition.
Phase 2 – Lot Acquisition
Finding a lot to build a new home on in today’s market can be very competitive. Classic Cottages has an active pipeline with many leads on off-market properties led by our Acquisitions Manager. Our knowledge of the local real estate market and relationships we have built in these neighborhoods are key to us finding a great lot for you to build on. Once we have identified the lot, we turn our focus to design.
Phase 3 – New Home Selection
Classic Cottages has three options to choose from for your new home build:
- Choose from one of Classic Cottages beautiful Model Homes
• Per square foot, this will be your most cost-effective option of the three
- Semi-Custom Home
• Take one of our model homes, and make customizations to our plans
- Custom Home
• Start from scratch to design, permit and build your new home
Phase 4 – Permitting
After we have your new home planned and designed, our in-house design team at Classic Cottages prepares all of the construction documents required for your new build. We will coordinate with our civil and structural engineers and with county officials to expedite this process and move on to the construction of your home.
Following permit retrieval, we begin the demolition and construction process. The construction phase is the result of many months of hard work. Selection timelines for finish specifications or allowances will be provided to the homeowner, if not previously selected. Our project manager and superintendents will make sure that your selections are incorporated seamlessly into the process of your new home and the new home is completed on time.
Stage 1 – Project Start-Up
• On-site pre-construction meeting with client, project designer, and field superintendent.
• Review of daily activities performed (clean-up, noise, etiquette, occupancy, etc.)
• Walk client through scope of work reflected in construction documents.
Stage 2 -Selection Confirmation
• Review of finish selections and Showroom visits (if required by client)
• Pre-dry wall site walk to verify layouts and all trade work has been completed per drawings.
• Evaluate client’s satisfaction and address and problems and/or concerns.
Stage 3 – Project Completion
• Completion site walk with client to generate remaining work punch list.
• Final meeting on site to give client an orientation of new products and features.
• 90 day checkup review, followed by a punch list walk after a full seasonal cycle (typically 1 year)